Let’s just say we’ve been watching a lot of Battlestar Galactica lately.
…in no particular order, starting 11/6/2010…
1.) Leftover Red Lentil soup
2.) Vegetarian Thai red curry with tofu; lemongrass & cardamom rice
3.) Pasta with Italian Sausage, Garlic Marinara
4.) Roasted Cauliflower, Quinoa
5.) Bean burgers, Israeli Couscous, Corn, Peas
6.) Homemade Pizza
7.) Leftovers Day
Lemongrass, ginger, shrimp paste: Tsai grocery
Potatoes, Chili peppers: Tantre Farm at Farmers Market
Cilantro: Frog Holler Produce at Farmers Market
Cauliflower: Farmers Market
Sausage, Whole wheat flour: Ernst Farm at the Farmers Market
Shallots, brown rice, cardamom, pizza sauce, Israeli couscous, quinoa, pasta, Al Dente marinara sauce, coriander seeds, peas, corn, broccoli, tofu: People’s Food Co-op
Yeast, Garlic, : from Nathan and Jenn
We had a pretty productive day on Saturday. We went to Northside Grill for breakfast, then to the Farmer’s Market and People’s food Co-op. We needed some more ingredients for the Thai Curry so we headed over (in full U of M football traffic) to Tsai Grocery…. and also Target! I got a $50 Target giftcard at work for Thanksgiving and I figured it would be a good time to stop in there since we aren’t over on that side very often. I looked around in the kitchen things around for a while…. immersion blender! Red! $49.99! Mine!
After that we drove out to the east side to see my uncle in the hospital. Yesterday was 11 months that he has been in the SICU at St. John’s, but his doctor told us yesterday that he is almost ready to move out of the SICU and on to a rehab floor.
On our way home, we stopped in at the Apple Store at Briarwood Mall and picked up some handy new iPhone 4’s. I really think it is faster than the laptop I am using right now. We got back home, worked on syncing up the new phones, and I bought our plane tickets for Denver as well. We’ll be gone from February 16 to the 20th to visit my friend Amanda and get some skiing in, of course.
Sunday morning’s breakfast was French toast syrup and preserves, blueberry yogurt with granola, and a cup of Rich French Neighbor from Roosroast coffee.
2/5: Super Bowl 5k (Novi, MI)
3/11: Shamrocks & Shenanigans 5k (Ann Arbor, MI)
4/14: Martian Marathon 10k (Dearborn, MI)
4/29: Road's End 5 Mile (Pinckney, MI)
5/5: Capitol City Half Marathon (Columbus, OH)
5/20: Back to Beaches 5k (Shelby Twp, MI)
6/9: Flirt with Dirt 10k (Novi, MI)
8/4: The Legend Trail Half Marathon (Lansing, MI)
10/21: Free Press Marathon (Detroit/Windsor)
- Ran 4 miles in 44 mins and felt great. .75 @ 5.5mph (0.75) 1.0 @ 6.5mph (1.75) 1.0 @ 5.8mph (2.75) .25 @ 6.7mph (... bit.ly/19vFQpl 3 years ago
- @bigmaninjapan @flintskinny @joshgondelman I lost since I picked Gonzaga because I liked their name. 4 years ago
- RT @GameOfThrones: The Lannisters have hit the red carpet. #GameOfThrones #WesterosVIP instagr.am/p/XBT-hhQdms/ 4 years ago
- @mtupyro I always thought Mewtwo was kinda creepy looking. But thanks, now I want to go home and play Pokemon. 4 years ago
- @LittlestKoi the really passive-aggressive way is a note on her window, the less passive-aggressive way is to tell the manager at Starbucks. 4 years ago