One of the things that people probably find hardest in my kitchen, aside from fitting more than one person in it, is that there are no paper towels. I don’t think I have had them in over a year and a half, and one of the only times I really wish I did was when I make baked tofu. They’re super helpful when you press the tofu to get the excess water out… but I think I may have found a way around it.
Ta-da! Tea towels!
Dinner was BBQ Tofu, stir-fried baby bok choy, and (more!) roasted cauliflower. I really just can’t stay away from that stuff 🙂
The bok choy was really good this time. I didn’t add sugar like the recipe says, but instead I used juice from half a clementine. It was slightly citrusy, but not overpowering.
I was up in East Lansing for a lot of the weekend, so here is how the weekly menu is looking. I made the roasted chicken last night (thankfully it thawed out in time!).
-Roasted Chicken, Peas & Corn, Israeli Couscous
-Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce**
-Chicken Noodle Soup
-Curry Quinoa & Cauliflower (found tiny romanescos)
A friend of my mom and her boyfriend has a farm out in St. Clair and I have two nice, free-range, organic roaster chickens in my freezer from him. I really need to learn how to cut the chicken into pieces before cooking, but for right now, I have been just sticking with roasting them when I have one.
2/5: Super Bowl 5k (Novi, MI)
3/11: Shamrocks & Shenanigans 5k (Ann Arbor, MI)
4/14: Martian Marathon 10k (Dearborn, MI)
4/29: Road's End 5 Mile (Pinckney, MI)
5/5: Capitol City Half Marathon (Columbus, OH)
5/20: Back to Beaches 5k (Shelby Twp, MI)
6/9: Flirt with Dirt 10k (Novi, MI)
8/4: The Legend Trail Half Marathon (Lansing, MI)
10/21: Free Press Marathon (Detroit/Windsor)
- Ran 4 miles in 44 mins and felt great. .75 @ 5.5mph (0.75) 1.0 @ 6.5mph (1.75) 1.0 @ 5.8mph (2.75) .25 @ 6.7mph (... bit.ly/19vFQpl 3 years ago
- @bigmaninjapan @flintskinny @joshgondelman I lost since I picked Gonzaga because I liked their name. 4 years ago
- RT @GameOfThrones: The Lannisters have hit the red carpet. #GameOfThrones #WesterosVIP instagr.am/p/XBT-hhQdms/ 4 years ago
- @mtupyro I always thought Mewtwo was kinda creepy looking. But thanks, now I want to go home and play Pokemon. 4 years ago
- @LittlestKoi the really passive-aggressive way is a note on her window, the less passive-aggressive way is to tell the manager at Starbucks. 4 years ago