Saturday Planning – 2/13 to 2/20
Planning my menus on Saturday before my grocery shopping trip is my go-to method for keeping organized and saving money by only buying what I need.
This coming Wednesday, the 16th, I leave for Colorado for a couple days of much needed vacation.
Pre-Colorado Meal Plan
- Yakisoba with veggies
- BBQ Tofu, Israeli Couscous, and a veg
- Leftover Lasagna, for real this time
Colorado Meal Plan
When we are in Colorado, we’re spending the first night at my friend Amanda’s apartment and then it’s up bright and (really) early to head out to Copper Mountain. The five of us have a condo we’re staying in at the mountain with a full kitchen.
I have been tasked to create the meal plant for five people.
- all meals have a vegetarian option (predominately for me)
- all meals must be gluten-free or have that as an option
With that, here is my meal plan for Colorado.
Breakfasts each morning: fruit, bagels, eggs (hardboiled?), cereal (GF)
Lunch each day: vegetarian black bean chili
Dinner Thursday: Tacos, Mexican rice
Dinner Friday: Stir Fry
Dinner Saturday: some kind of curry, depending on what sauces the Whole Foods in Denver has
I’m super excited for Denver AND not being at work. The only problem is that I know the emails will be piling up while I’m out. Boo to that 😦
2/5: Super Bowl 5k (Novi, MI)
3/11: Shamrocks & Shenanigans 5k (Ann Arbor, MI)
4/14: Martian Marathon 10k (Dearborn, MI)
4/29: Road's End 5 Mile (Pinckney, MI)
5/5: Capitol City Half Marathon (Columbus, OH)
5/20: Back to Beaches 5k (Shelby Twp, MI)
6/9: Flirt with Dirt 10k (Novi, MI)
8/4: The Legend Trail Half Marathon (Lansing, MI)
10/21: Free Press Marathon (Detroit/Windsor)
- Ran 4 miles in 44 mins and felt great. .75 @ 5.5mph (0.75) 1.0 @ 6.5mph (1.75) 1.0 @ 5.8mph (2.75) .25 @ 6.7mph (... bit.ly/19vFQpl 3 years ago
- @bigmaninjapan @flintskinny @joshgondelman I lost since I picked Gonzaga because I liked their name. 4 years ago
- RT @GameOfThrones: The Lannisters have hit the red carpet. #GameOfThrones #WesterosVIP instagr.am/p/XBT-hhQdms/ 4 years ago
- @mtupyro I always thought Mewtwo was kinda creepy looking. But thanks, now I want to go home and play Pokemon. 4 years ago
- @LittlestKoi the really passive-aggressive way is a note on her window, the less passive-aggressive way is to tell the manager at Starbucks. 4 years ago