A Long Time Coming, Update Part #2
One Step Closer to Homesteading
otherwise known as…
WE’RE BUYING A HOUSE. OMG.
Honestly, I thought this process would take a lot longer than it actually did.
We found our Realtor through one of our friends, set up an informational meeting in the beginning of April since no one ever explains to you exactly how one proceeds to buy a house, and we were looking at houses not long after.
We put an offer in on the house we choose on the evening of May 4th and it got accepted less than 24 hours later! Within a week we had the inspections done, radon test done, loan paperwork in… everything has been chugging along smoothly.
Two days ago we finally heard back from the underwriter about our loan and had to complete a couple Prior to Closing Conditions. They were actually really simple things to explain (we don’t own any part of Tim’s parent’s house and we had to re-scan his license).
We are set to close on June 24th and I think it is just a waiting game until then.
I’ve got grand plans for things like clotheslines and rain barrels and building raised bed gardens. Tim has grand plans for wiring Cat-6 data lines and re-staining the deck.
Of course, house details. It’s 1000 sq. ft. on the ground floor with about 90% of that finished in the basement. Three bedrooms and full bath upstairs and a sort of finished half bath downstairs. Kitchen is super tiny. Yard is what I would consider big for Ann Arbor. Trex front porch and wooden deck in the back.
2/5: Super Bowl 5k (Novi, MI)
3/11: Shamrocks & Shenanigans 5k (Ann Arbor, MI)
4/14: Martian Marathon 10k (Dearborn, MI)
4/29: Road's End 5 Mile (Pinckney, MI)
5/5: Capitol City Half Marathon (Columbus, OH)
5/20: Back to Beaches 5k (Shelby Twp, MI)
6/9: Flirt with Dirt 10k (Novi, MI)
8/4: The Legend Trail Half Marathon (Lansing, MI)
10/21: Free Press Marathon (Detroit/Windsor)
- Ran 4 miles in 44 mins and felt great. .75 @ 5.5mph (0.75) 1.0 @ 6.5mph (1.75) 1.0 @ 5.8mph (2.75) .25 @ 6.7mph (... bit.ly/19vFQpl 3 years ago
- @bigmaninjapan @flintskinny @joshgondelman I lost since I picked Gonzaga because I liked their name. 4 years ago
- RT @GameOfThrones: The Lannisters have hit the red carpet. #GameOfThrones #WesterosVIP instagr.am/p/XBT-hhQdms/ 4 years ago
- @mtupyro I always thought Mewtwo was kinda creepy looking. But thanks, now I want to go home and play Pokemon. 4 years ago
- @LittlestKoi the really passive-aggressive way is a note on her window, the less passive-aggressive way is to tell the manager at Starbucks. 4 years ago